GREEN EXTRACTION THERMAL TECHNOLOGY

A patented mining method that uses thermal energy applied inside a drilled pilot hole to introduce micro stress fractures into the surrounding rock which allows a spalling process to remove this rock in small chips. Therefore, enlarging the pilot hole’s diameter. 
  • SAFETY
  • GRADE
  • EFFICIENCY
  • CONTINUOUS
  • ECONOMICAL

» No need for people to go into narrow stopes.
» Hardly any explosives with their related safety concerns.
» No potential for explosives damage to surrounding rock, blast cracks disturbing hang wall and related FOG safety issues.

» Less dilution
» Precision extraction

» Less ore to be moved UG and less crushing,
(because of less dilution) knock on effect is smaller everything needed (tunnels, hoists, etc.).

» No need for blast re-entry times.

» All the above = less costs overall

KEY ADVANTAGES

Reducution in mining dilution

  • Less volume, higher grade, more ounces
  • Continuous possible (no blasting)  
  • Establishment of a free face for blasting operations 
  • Significant reduction in blast induced damage

integrated into conventional mining methods

Fast productivity (4 to 8 spalled meters per hour)  

Spalled Chips generated are small (5-20mm)
  • No need for primary crushing  
  • Can be hydro transported 

Hole length flexibility up to 25m

Equipment required is small, simple, and effective

Hole flexibility from 20cm to 80cm diameter
  • Hole diameter can be changed within one hole 
  • No additional consumables required 

Thermal mining method improves safety by moving people away from the exposed span where falls-of-ground are more likely; improves productivity by eliminating re-entry periods mandated when using explosives; reduces dilution by extracting only the oreand has the potential to increase reserves by making it possible to mine pillars and other isolated blocks-of-ground that may not be economically viable to mine with other methods.

The mining method involves drilling holes on reef, inserting a thermal lance to apply high temperatures inside the hole. The rock then spalls and approximately 30 % of the chips are flushed out of the hole while spalling, with the remaining 70% being cleaned out afterwards.